Lifesum is improving lives through better eating by developing software that is highly personalized for our users’ needs. By tapping into mobile sensor technology and combining it with a passion for design and applied psychology, we create delightful user experience to help people reach their goals.
As a diverse company of more than 20 nationalities, we enjoy a vibrant mix of cultures, world views, and working styles. With over 45 million users worldwide, we need to grow our amazing teams with more brilliant people to keep up with the demand!
Lifesum is seeking an experienced Director of PR to head up and drive the strategy and execution of public relations and external communication efforts for the company.
Responsibilities and what you will do
In this position you will:
- Lead, develop, and execute public relations initiatives that increase Lifesum’s presence in technology, business, and consumer media and ensure that they are aligned with the business’s overall objectives.
- With the support of external agencies, will lead media outreach, handle inbound media queries, and manage relationships between Lifesum and local, national, and international media.
- Develop content, storylines, and written materials such as press releases, media advisories, pitches, presentations, etc.
- Manage all public relations initiatives from concept to launch.
- Establish KPIs for public relations initiatives and follow up on results. Develop PR analytics tools and reporting.
- Coordinate with teams including business development, marketing, data & analytics, product, dietitians, and company executives.
- Promote Lifesum in media briefings, conferences, interviews, press releases, and articles.
- Review and manage publicly available information about the company.
Are you the one we're looking for?
To be successful in this position we believe that you have:
- Minimum seven years of experience managing PR in a fast-paced technology organization
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Information Technology, or Journalism
- Proven track record of managing and implementing successful PR initiatives in fast-paced technology organizations
- Doer mentality. You will have the support of other teams but there is no existing PR team in place
- Top-notch communication skills, both in written and verbal form
- Creativity is a necessity for excellent performance in this role. Proven track record of developing relevant and creatively compelling messages
- Iterative, result-driven approach
- Exceptional ability to package and present information (Fluent in Keynote/Powerpoint/Slides and docs)
- Analytical mindset. Proven track record of establishing KPIs and reporting for PR
- Exceptional accountability, we expect that you take responsibility and own your projects
- Passionate about health and food is a must
- The role requires working across multiple time zones
- The Director of PR reports to VP Business Development
What is Lifesum?
Here at Lifesum, action speaks louder than words, and it's our passion that brings us all together to a force to be reckoned with! We support each other and trust that everyone is a master of their field and that you will suggest, champion, and lead when you join us.
If you think this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you and get to know you. Send us your resume, tell us why you are interested in this particular position and why Lifesum feels like the right place for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, transgender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation, or age.